Working under the supervision of the Billing Manager, this position is a full-time role responsible for administering Firm billing time entry activities while ensuring accurate and appropriate time entry, prebill production / editing and processing of invoices.
- Compiles and transcribes attorney hours to clients in Firm billing system.
- Corrects pre-bill documents in response to attorney review.
- Research and apply retainer funds to open invoices as directed by attorney / client.
- Research and process write-offs following Firm policy.
- Modify complex bills in a timely manner (i.e. split-party billing, preparation of electronic bills, create credits / re-bills).
- Manage high volume of billing line detail in a given month.
- Review and verify accuracy of billing and supporting documentation as required.
- Research and respond to inquiries regarding billing issues and problems.
- Creates and print final client billing.
- Creates and distributes monthly reports as required.
- Develops detailed understanding of and complies with Carrier billing guidelines.
- Develops detailed understanding of and complies with Firm billing policies and procedures.
- Assist with ongoing improvements related to documentation of Firm billing policies and procedures.
- Utilizes computerized accounting and payables software programs (ProLaw, Excel, Word) to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Ensures strict confidentiality at all times.
- Assists with special projects as needed.
Skills & Qualifications
- College level accounting classes, Accounting Degree or work experience equivalent.
- 4-6+ years of hands-on billing experience in a law firm or service / consulting industry.
- ProLaw (or equivalent accounting software) experience preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with attorneys and clients.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to show strong attention to detail.
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast-paced ever-changing work environment, successfully adapting to changing priorities and work demands.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction, follow up on own initiative.
- Flexibility to adapt to all situations and work varied hours; possibly working weekends or evenings.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and compensation expectations to .
Mullen Coughlin is an Equal Opportunity Employee and offers competitive salary.
Mullen Coughlin is not accepting resumes from search firms for this position.
Relocation assistance is not provided for this position.
Applicant must be authorized to work in the United States of America.