We are a highly successful and growing law office with over 40 attorneys in the King of Prussia/Wayne area, seeking an individual with strong financial analysis, collections, accounting, controlling, and compliance skills, 3+ years of relevant experience, and a “can do” attitude. If you are a positive, competent, results-oriented professional with the requisite experience and energy, and you’re looking for a new opportunity to advance your career while working with a great team, we’d like to speak with you.
This position is a full-time position. We offer a very competitive salary, medical and retirement benefits as well as paid time off for full time positions. The ideal candidate will have experience with various financial facets of operating a business, an affinity for working with accounting software, collections in a professional services environment, process improvement training and project experience, and interpersonal skills that will quickly make them a valued team member. Experience/familiarity with billing to insurance carriers via their electronic billing systems is a plus, as is knowledge of, or experience with, legal terminology and/or law firm operations.
- Assist in the design and implementation of standard business reports.
- Produce service utilization and analytic reports targeted at monitoring key productivity indicators.
- Responsible for all strategic and day-to-day issues related to A/R Collections functions, including ownership of related policies, escalations of aging receivables, transparency and management reporting to A/R stakeholders, delivering A/R-related education/guidance to Firm personnel, and related measures needed to create a strong collections culture.
- Function as a “power user” of the Firm’s accounting, case management, and timekeeping/billing systems.
- Process improvement support/process documentation/compliance monitoring of certain financial functions, including accounting monthly activities, client billing, set up of useful management reporting, and process flowcharting. Required to become familiar with current workflows/practices and the billing requirements of Firm’s clients and Carriers.
- Review & manage compliance with internal and vendor policies/contracts.
- Provide appropriate monthly – and ad hoc – financial reports and analyses to Firm management.
- Maintain orderly files (hardcopy and softcopy).
- Contribute to Firm’s process improvement efforts targeted at making the Firm a sustainable and best practice operation.
- Become knowledgeable of Carriers’ Billing Guidelines and Firm’s related processes and procedures (including engagement letters, retainers, billing practices/systems, etc.), and assist with ensuring Firm’s compliance with same.
- Take on additional operational assignments or special projects as determined by Firm management and develop familiarity with all Firm operations teams (ex. HR & IT).
- Exercise good judgement in escalating potential issues to management.
Skills & Qualifications
- Must have 3+ years of prior accounting or financial analysis experience.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting is preferred.
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Strong administrative, process improvement, critical thinking, and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communications skills, adaptability, and situational sensitivity.
- Ability to work both independently and within team setting.
- Adaptable to change, with an appetite to learn and to find solutions.
- Experience with preparation and analysis of financial statements and preparing related executive summaries.
- Experience with budgeting and financial planning/forecasting.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills, as well as a track record of applying solid professional judgement, are required.
- Must have highest integrity, including ability to treat confidential information appropriately.
- Team player, who must effectively communicate/interact with all members of the Firm and its clients.
- Must be available for full 40-hour work week at PA office, and flexible/willing/motivated to work additional hours, as needed, to fulfill job requirements.
- Must be a strong relationship builder and communicator (good listener, with ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing) with excellent emotional intelligence.
- Need excellent IT aptitude/skills to function self-sufficiently using various Firm software/systems.
- Experienced multi-tasker, capable of paying attention to details.
- ProLaw experience a plus.
If you are qualified and interested, please respond with both your resume and a cover letter summarizing your qualifications, current work status/availability, salary requirements, and any other distinguishing information you believe we should consider. Complete applications should be emailed to .
Mullen Coughlin is an Equal Opportunity Employee and offers competitive salary.
Mullen Coughlin is not accepting resumes from search firms for this position.
Relocation assistance is not provided for this position.
Applicant must be authorized to work in the United States of America.