The IT Support Engineer will report to the CIO and perform a variety of complex information technology duties to ensure the smooth delivery of technology services to internal customers. The role will focus on computer operations, user and desktop support (hardware and software), and project-based work. The role is expected to exercise judgment and creativity in selecting and applying procedures correctly, and to determine when to refer problems up to the supervisor or next level of support.
This position is an hourly role eligible for overtime pay. Initial training will be held onsite in the office for the first 3 to 4 months and then the role will transition to an evening shift working weekday hours from 2:00pm to 11:00pm EST. Once trained and proficient with day-to-day tasks, this position will have the option to work remotely up to 70% of the time but will be expected to maintain a weekly in-person presence in the office. The role will be expected to work some weekend shifts as part of an IT on-call program. Weekend on-call shifts will be paid at additional stipend rates plus time worked. Some travel may be required.
- Provide support via ticketing system to internal customers.
- Receive and resolve escalations from other members of support team.
- Network troubleshooting.
- System troubleshooting.
- System/Process documentation.
- IT projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Systems administration on a variety of software/hardware/products.
Skills & Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent, required.
- Relevant Certifications are preferred.
- 2+ years hands-on IT Support experience.
- 2+ years’ experience supporting Microsoft Windows 10.
- Expertise in one or more specialized areas of IT such as Microsoft Administration.
- Google Cloud Certified, preferred.
- Successful candidate will be required to obtain a Google Cloud Certified Associate/Professional certification within 6 months of hire.
- Understanding of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, Email, HTTP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP protocols and applications.
- Proven skills in PC repair, troubleshooting, deployment, and liquidation.
- Advanced Troubleshooting skills in a multi-user high-pressure environment.
- Experience with Data Cabling/Computer Facilities maintenance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (in person and via phone) with peers, management, contractors and vendors.
- Proven ability to work successfully with limited supervision.
- Some on call responsibilities are required.
- Specific Skills and Experience: Office 365; Active Directory; Group Policy; PowerShell; Windows Server; Windows 10.
- The ability to move up 50lbs, climb ladders to maintain/install equipment as well as stand and walk for 8 hours with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must obtain relevant firm approved technical certification within 6 months if no certificate already acquired.
- Excellent understanding of computers (both hardware and software) and a demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new skills/technology.
- Possess superior technical capabilities, written and oral communications skills, and the ability to deal professionally with people (inside or outside the firm).
- Possess strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to .
Mullen Coughlin is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive salary.
Mullen Coughlin is not accepting resumes from search firms for this position.
Relocation assistance is not provided for this position.
Applicant must be authorized to work in the United States of America.