Mullen Coughlin is a highly successful, fast growing niche law firm focused exclusively on counseling organizations in the context of data privacy, including incident response, regulatory investigation, single-plaintiff and class action litigation compliance. Committed to rapid incident response to incoming client calls, we thrive in a high energy, close-knit, and upbeat office culture. The Firm pays very competitively in the market and offers a full benefit package, including unlimited time off, paid maternity and paternity leave, and a generous 401(k) program. At its new location, 426 West Lancaster Avenue, Devon, PA, Mullen Coughlin’s home office is over fifty-six thousand square feet, boasting the latest in technology and security, accommodating the projected continued growth of the firm, and providing all Mullen Coughlin employees access to amenities and resources to further their professional careers, as well as their health and well-being.
The I.T. Support Engineer I will report to the CIO and perform a variety of information technology duties to ensure the smooth delivery of technology services to internal customers. The role will focus on computer operations, user and desktop support (hardware and software), and project-based work. The role is expected to exercise judgment and creativity in selecting and applying procedures correctly, and to determine when to refer problems to the supervisor or next level of support.
This position is an hourly role eligible for overtime pay. The role will be expected to work weekend shifts as part of an IT on-call program. Weekend on-call shifts will be paid at additional stipend rates plus time worked. Some travel may be required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide support via ticketing system to internal customers.
- Receive and resolve escalations from other members of support team.
- Network troubleshooting.
- System troubleshooting.
- System/Process documentation.
- IT projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Systems administration on a variety of software/hardware/products.
Preferred Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent, required.
- Relevant Certifications are preferred.
- Hands-on IT Support experience.
- Experience supporting Microsoft Windows 10.
- Expertise in one or more specialized areas of IT such as Microsoft Administration.
- Google Cloud Certified, preferred.
- Successful candidate will be required to obtain a Google Cloud Certified Associate/Professional certification within 6 months of hire.
- Understanding of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, Email, HTTP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP protocols and applications.
- Proven skills in PC repair, troubleshooting, deployment, and liquidation.
- Advanced Troubleshooting skills in a multi-user high-pressure environment.
- Experience with Data Cabling/Computer Facilities maintenance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (in person and via phone) with peers, management, contractors and vendors.
- Proven ability to work successfully with limited supervision.
- Some on call responsibilities are required.
- Specific Skills and Experience: Office 365; Active Directory; Group Policy; PowerShell; Windows Server; Windows 10 preferred.
- The ability to move up 50lbs, climb ladders to maintain/install equipment as well as stand and walk for 8 hours with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must obtain relevant firm approved technical certification within 6 months if no certificate already acquired.
- Excellent understanding of computers (both hardware and software) and a demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new skills/technology.
- Possess superior technical capabilities, written and oral communications skills, and the ability to deal professionally with people (inside or outside the firm).
- Possess strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
Mullen Coughlin is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive salary.
Mullen Coughlin is not accepting resumes from search firms for this position.
Relocation assistance is not provided for this position.
Applicant must be authorized to work in the United States of America.