Mullen Coughlin is a highly successful, fast growing niche law firm focused exclusively on counseling organizations in the context of data privacy, including incident response, regulatory investigation, single-plaintiff and class action litigation compliance. Committed to rapid incident response to incoming client calls, we thrive in a high energy, close-knit, and upbeat office culture. The Firm pays very competitively in the market and offers a full benefit package, including unlimited time off, paid maternity and paternity leave, and a generous 401(k) program. At its new office, located at 426 West Lancaster Avenue, Devon, PA, Mullen Coughlin’s home office is over fifty-six thousand square feet, boasting the latest in technology and security, accommodating the projected continued growth of the firm, and providing all Mullen Coughlin employees access to amenities and resources to further their professional careers, as well as their health and well-being.
In this role, the attorney will provide defense counsel to individuals and organizations in class actions, regulatory investigations, and complex data privacy and cyber security matters.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Manage class actions and complex data matters on a day-to-day basis with guidance from supervising Partner.
• Handle privacy based tort, contract, and statutory actions brought by individual plaintiffs against individuals and institutional defendants.
• Represent clients before regulatory bodies and in regulatory investigations.
• Prepare timely drafts of pleadings, discovery and other legal documents.
• Oversee document collection, review and production.
• Appear on client’s behalf or provide second chair assistance to supervising Partner at civil proceedings, oral arguments, and contested hearings.
• Ensure timely reporting to client.
• Vet experts and other vendors for approval by client and supervising Partner.
• Perform legal research as needed for client matters and to update team on emerging issues.
• Complete other tasks as assigned.
Preferred skills, experience and qualifications:
• 2-4 years’ experience as an Associate working in litigation.
• Active Pennsylvania license to practice law; additional bar memberships a plus.
• Class action or complex litigation experience, defense preferred.
• Experience with large document productions and working with e-discovery vendors.
• Courtroom exposure, argument and hearing experience a plus.
• Exposure to regulatory investigations preferred.
• Excellent research and writing skills.
• Strong ability to think strategically and analytically.
• A keen sense of ownership and efficient execution.
• Initiative, attention to detail, ability to learn quickly and superb communication skills.
• Experience tracking time and billing.
Mullen Coughlin is an Equal Opportunity Employee and offers competitive salary.
Mullen Coughlin is not accepting resumes from search firms for this position.
Relocation assistance is not provided for this position.
Applicant must be authorized to work in the United States of America.