Alexandria Murphy is Partner at Mullen Coughlin. Ms. Murphy assists clients in both preparation for and response to data security events and regulatory investigations and inquiries. When a data security event occurs, Ms. Murphy assists clients in addressing crucial points of fact and law, including determining the nature and scope of the incident; identifying the affected individuals and types of information involved; and ensuring compliance with applicable state, federal, and international laws and regulations. Ms. Murphy also has extensive experience assisting clients with data privacy and security compliance outside of the breach context, including negotiating vendor contracts; preparing written incident response plans; drafting comprehensive privacy and security policies and procedures; and conducting employee and governing board trainings.
Ms. Murphy is a Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US).
SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS & PRESENTATIONS
- “Cyber Update,” International Insurer, New York, NY, January 17, 2019
- “Contract Review,” Continuing Legal Education, Wayne, PA, October 31, 2018
- “The European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR),” Continuing Legal Education, Wayne, PA, April 25, 2018
- “Global Cybersecurity Issues and Treads,” Tech360 Conference, Malvern, PA, November 16, 2017
- “Cyber Risk,” Philadelphia Area Independent School Business Insurance Group (PAISBIG), Radnor, PA, November 15, 2017
- “Approved Notice Methods Under State, Federal, and International Law,” Continuing Legal Education, Wayne, PA, October 11, 2017