Ali Munshi is an Associate with Mullen Coughlin, where he focuses his practice on responding to, and investigating, data privacy and security incidents on behalf of organizations of all sizes and from all industry group sectors. Working in parallel with other incident response vendors, such as forensic investigation firms, data mining firms and law enforcement, Ali assists his clients in determining the type and scope of incident and counsels them on their legal and regulatory obligations that stem from the incident. He also represents his clients in regulatory investigations related to data privacy and security.
Ali was an associate at a mid-size, full service law firm in Philadelphia prior to joining Mullen Coughlin. There, he practiced in the Casualty Department defending organizations in premises liability, general liability and product liability matters.
He received his Juris Doctor from Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law. As a J.D. candidate, he was a member of their trial team, advancing to the national semifinals at the Tournament of Champions. He also was a teaching assistant in Intro to Trial Advocacy and a Marshall Brennan Constitutional Law Literacy Fellow.
During law school throughout the 2020 pandemic, and in furtherance of his commitment to the legal profession, Ali founded a trial coaching business – Mock Trial Solutions. Through Mock Trial Solutions, Ali organizes, plans and delivers workshops to high school and college students in trial advocacy to encourage them to pursue a path to a future law career.
Ali is proficient in both the Hindi and Urdu languages.
SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS & PRESENTATIONS
- “Introduction to Trial Advocacy and Evidence,” Mock Trial Solutions Workshop, Warrington, PA, October 8, 2022
- “Introduction to Trial Advocacy and Evidence,” Mock Trial Solutions Workshop, Philadelphia, PA, October 5, 2022
- “Introduction to Trial Advocacy and Evidence,” Mock Trial Solutions Workshop, Hamden, CT, February 12-13, 2022
- “Introduction to Trial Advocacy and Evidence,” Mock Trial Solutions Workshop, Warrington, PA, October 9, 2021
- “Introduction to Trial Advocacy and Evidence,” Mock Trial Solutions Workshop, Allentown, PA, January 25-26, 2020