Gwenn Cujdik is an associate attorney at Mullen Coughlin,LLC. Ms. Cujdik assists clients in preparing for, investigation of, and responding to data security incidents. Ms. Cujdik is a highly trained attorney with strong litigation experience. Prior to joining Mullen Coughlin, Ms. Cujdik was a homicide prosecutor in Philadelphia responsible for all aspects of a homicide investigation and prosecution including conducting both investigating and indicting grand juries. She has special training in digital forensics, historical cell site analysis, trace forensics, DNA, and expert mental health and medical testimony. During her tenure in homicide she was cross-designated to the Special Investigation Unit for the special prosecution of a national, high profile institutional corruption matter.
She has tried nearly 100 jury trials including high profile matters involving homicide, child abuse, domestic violence, rape and other violent interpersonal crimes. In addition to her litigation experience Ms. Cujdik remains active in her service to the community as a member of the Philadelphia Bar Association Executive Board for Advancing Civics Education. She is also a faculty member for the National Institute for Trial Advocacy and a guest lecturer for Temple University, Beasley School of Law Trial Advocacy Program.
AWARDS & HONORS
- The International Academy of Trial Lawyers Award
- Order of Barristers – National honorary society for excellence in the art of courtroom advocacy
SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Lecturer – Prosecuting Cases Involving Persons with Cognitive and Communication Disabilities – Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office, Continuing Legal Education, November 2009
- Lecturer – Forensics Sciences: Introduction to the Science of Ballistics and Arson Investigations – Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office, Continuing Legal Education, April 2010
- Co-Presenter – What Did She Say? Understanding the Impact of Non-Typical Communication in Victim Services, 37thNOVA (National Organization for Victim Assistance) Conference, August 15, 2011, Philadelphia, PA
- Lecturer – Separating the Wheat from the Chaff, Evaluating Witness Credibility and Preparing the Witness (Lie Detection in witness preparation and examination), – Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office, Continuing Legal Education, November 2011
- Lecturer – Mandatory Sentences – Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office, Continuing Legal Education, July 2012
- Co-Lecturer – Recognizing and Addressing Legally Inadequate Self-Defense Claims – Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office, Continuing Legal Education, November 2012
- Lecturer – Temple University, Trial Advocacy JD & LLM Programs, Topic – Expert Testimony, April 2017
- “New State Laws for 2017”, Live Presenter, Continuing Legal Education, Wayne, PA, September 13, 2017