Melissa J. Sachs is a Partner at Mullen Coughlin, and focuses her practice on data privacy and information security issues, including incident response, related privacy litigation and Advisory Compliance. She is a Certified Information Privacy Professional/U.S. (CIPP/US), Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (CIPP/E) and member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP).
Prior to joining Mullen Coughlin, Melissa followed legal trends and developments in privacy, data protection and information security for almost a decade in various roles with her previous organization. She also helped to create and maintain U.S. and global data protection and information security resources for legal professionals. Prior to that, she wrote and edited hundreds of articles on data privacy and insurance coverage litigation, enforcement actions and statutory and regulatory developments for various legal news publications.
Earlier in her career, Melissa worked as an associate for a boutique employment law firm in Philadelphia and as an attorney recruiter.
- “Privacy and Cybersecurity 2020 Year-in-Review and 2021 Outlook: Case Law,” June 25, 2021
- “Privacy and Cybersecurity 2020 Year-in-Review and 2021 Outlook: State Level,” April 19, 2021
- “New CCPA Regulations Address Consumer Opt-Out Rights and More,” March 23, 2021
- “Privacy and Cybersecurity 2020 Year-in-Review and 2021 Outlook: Federal Level,” March 2, 2021
- “Virginia Nears Becoming Second State with Comprehensive Consumer Privacy Law,” February 19, 2021