Thomas Ritter is an Associate at Mullen Coughlin. Mr. Ritter’s practice focuses on privacy and cybersecurity issues, which involves assisting organizations in responding to data security events. His response to such events includes:
- Coordination of breach response services for clients of all sizes, both public and private, and across all business sectors;
- Breach risk assessment and regulatory and consumer notice reporting, including necessary responses to any subsequent regulatory investigations and enforcement actions; and
- Coordination of inquiries from law enforcement and messaging to media.
Mr. Ritter also works with clients to develop practical solutions for the collection, use and transfer of information and advises clients on all applicable legal requirements under international, federal, state and contractual law. His experience in protecting his clients’ interests includes:
- Drafting and evaluation of vendor agreements such as data sharing agreements;
- Regulatory compliance counseling with respect to HIPAA, the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
Prior to joining Mullen Coughlin, Mr. Ritter spent five years as a consumer protection attorney advising clients on cybersecurity and other regulatory matters with respect to and before the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).