Angelina Freind is a Partner with Mullen Coughlin and assists clients with the preparation for and response to data privacy and security incidents – such as ransomware/malware intrusions, business email compromises and data misconfigurations – that impact clients of various sizes spread across both the public and private sector. Ms. Freind has handled numerous matters involving clients in the technology space, such as internet technology providers and Managed Services Providers (MSPs), but also has experience in assisting clients in other industries including healthcare; financial and professional services; manufacturing; education; non-profit; insurance; and transportation.
After a data privacy and security incident has occurred, Ms. Freind aids clients by quickly addressing legal and factual issues stemming from the incident including:
- determining the nature and scope of any potential system intrusion;
- identifying the affected individuals and types of information involved;
- determining what state, federal and international laws drive the client’s notice requirements; and
- preparing legally compliant notices to affected individuals, regulators and other parties (as applicable).
In addition to developing incident response plans (IRPs) and satisfying statutory notice obligations, Ms. Freind also assists clients with regulatory investigations and inquiries and preparing appropriate policies and procedures for incident response.
Ms. Freind has extensive litigation experience, most recently as an Assistant District Attorney (ADA) with the Delaware County, PA District Attorney’s (DA) Office. While serving as an ADA, Ms. Freind prosecuted a variety of criminal matters, including complex narcotics and homicide investigations. Ms. Freind draws on the skills acquired while managing a demanding, time-sensitive criminal docket in the DA’s office to assist clients quickly and effectively with data privacy and security incident response.
SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS & PRESENTATIONS
- “Cyber & Data Security,” TrueNorth Companies MAX Summit, Cedar Rapids, IA, May 16, 2023
- “Cybersecurity: The Increasing Threats and What HR Needs to Know,” Tri-State HRMA 35th Annual Conference, Mt. Laurel, NJ, May 5, 2022
- “Handling an Email Compromise Matter,” Continuing Legal Education, Wayne, PA, July 11, 2018
- “Vendor Service Needs in Breach Response,” Continuing Legal Education, Wayne, PA, October 25, 2017