Angelina Freind is a Partner at Mullen Coughlin, assisting organizations of various sizes spread across the public and private sector with the preparation for, and response to, data privacy and security incidents. Angie has assisted organizations in a variety of industries including healthcare and life sciences; financial services & insurance; manufacturing and distribution; education; non-profit; and professional services, among others. She has also handled a large number of incidents involving organizations in the technology industry, such as internet technology providers and managed services providers (MSPs). Her experience has encompassed all types of data privacy and security incidents, but has primarily focused on ransomware/malware intrusions, business email compromises (BECs) and data misconfiguration.
After a data privacy and security incident has occurred, Angie aids the victim organization by quickly addressing legal and factual issues including:
- determining the nature and scope of any potential system intrusion;
- identifying the affected individuals and types of data accessed;
- determining what state, federal, international and industry-related laws and/or regulations drive the organization’s notice requirements; and
- preparing legally compliant notices to affected individuals, regulators and other parties.
In addition to responding to data privacy and security incidents and satisfying statutory notice obligations, she also assists organizations with formal regulatory investigations and inquiries, and in preparing appropriate policies and procedures for incident response, including Incident Response Plans (IRPs).
Angie also has extensive litigation experience, most recently as an Assistant District Attorney (ADA) with the Delaware County District Attorney’s (DA) office. While serving as an ADA, she prosecuted a variety of criminal matters, including complex narcotics and homicide investigations. Angie draws on the skills acquired while managing a demanding, time-sensitive criminal docket in the DA’s office to quickly and effectively assist organizations with data privacy and security incident response.
SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS & PRESENTATIONS
- “Cyber & Data Security,” TrueNorth Companies MAX Summit, Cedar Rapids, IA, May 16, 2023
- “Cybersecurity: The Increasing Threats and What HR Needs to Know,” Tri-State HRMA 35th Annual Conference, Mt. Laurel, NJ, May 5, 2022
- “Handling an Email Compromise Matter,” Continuing Legal Education, Wayne, PA, July 11, 2018
- “Vendor Service Needs in Breach Response,” Continuing Legal Education, Wayne, PA, October 25, 2017