Alexander Walker is a Partner with Mullen Coughlin. Mr. Walker assists clients in preparation for, and response to, actual and potential data security events. After a data security event has occurred or is suspected, Mr. Walker assists clients in addressing crucial points of fact and law quickly and effectively, including:
- determining the nature and scope of the intrusion;
- identifying the affected individuals and types of information involved;
- determining what state, federal and foreign laws govern the client’s notice of the incident; and
- preparing legally compliant notices to affected individuals, regulators and other parties, where required.
Mr. Walker also assists clients with response to regulatory investigations and inquiries at the state and federal levels, which frequently occur as the result of a data security event. Mr. Walker regularly advises clients regarding compliance with various data privacy and security requirements, including state data breach notification laws, HIPAA & HITECH and the PCI DSS.
As a former Assistant District Attorney, Mr. Walker worked closely with victims, witnesses and law enforcement agencies to investigate and litigate criminal matters. Today, he uses those skills to assist clients with responding to data security events.
SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS & PRESENTATIONS
- “Handling a Financial Institution Event,” Continuing Legal Education, Wayne, PA, September 19, 2018
- “The W-2 Matter: Data Privacy Issues and Case Management,” Continuing Legal Education, Wayne, PA, January 31, 2018
- “Federal Privacy Regulators: HHS/Office for Civil Rights and Federal Trade Commission,” Continuing Legal Education, Wayne, PA, November 1, 2017