Jeff Boogay is a Partner at Mullen Coughlin LLC. Mr. Boogay assists clients in both preparation for and response to data security events and regulatory investigations and inquiries.
After a data security event has occurred, Mr. Boogay assists clients in addressing crucial points of fact and law, including: determining the nature and scope of the intrusion; identifying the affected individuals and types of information involved; determining what state, federal and foreign laws govern the client’s notice of the incident; and preparing legally compliant notices to affected individuals and appropriate regulators, where required.
Prior to employment with Mullen Coughlin, Mr. Boogay worked for a large international firm where he litigated complex civil cases including allegations of violations of state unfair trade practice statutes.
Mr. Boogay is also a former Assistant District Attorney who worked closely with law enforcement and crime victims to investigate, prepare and litigate criminal cases, and draws on this experience to assist clients.
SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS
- “We’re Under Cyber Attack…Now What?!?”, Panelist, American Council of Engineering Companies Annual Convention, Washington, DC, May 7, 2019
- “Update on How to Handle a W-2 Event”, Live Presenter, Continuing Legal Education, Wayne, PA, February 27, 2019
- “Cyber First Coverage”, Panelist, International Insurer, Monterey, CA, May 17, 2018
- “Canada’s Digital Privacy Act”, Live Presenter, Continuing Legal Education, Wayne, PA, December 13, 2017
- “Legal Update – New State Laws, Canada’s PIPEDA and Digital Privacy Act and EU’s GDPR”, International Insurer, Jersey City, NJ, September 28, 2017
- “New State Laws for 2017”, Live Presenter, Continuing Legal Education, Wayne, PA, September 13, 2017