Jeff Boogay is a Partner at Mullen Coughlin, assisting clients in both preparation for, and response to, data security events and regulatory investigations and inquiries.
After a data security event has occurred, Mr. Boogay assists clients in addressing crucial points of fact and law, including determining the nature and scope of the intrusion; identifying the affected individuals and types of information involved; determining what state, federal and foreign laws govern the client’s notice of the incident; and preparing legally compliant notices to affected individuals and appropriate regulators, where required.
Prior to joining Mullen Coughlin, Mr. Boogay worked for a large international law firm where he litigated complex civil cases including allegations of violations of state unfair trade practice statutes.
Mr. Boogay is also a former Assistant District Attorney who worked closely with law enforcement and crime victims to investigate, prepare and litigate criminal cases, and draws on this experience to assist clients.
SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS & PRESENTATIONS
- “Cyber Security Tabletop,” International Insurer, Fairfield, CT, November 7, 2019
- Oppenheimer CyberSecurity Summit, New York, NY, September 19, 2019
- “We’re Under Cyber Attack…Now What?!?,” American Council of Engineering Companies Annual Convention, Washington, DC, May 7, 2019
- “Update on How to Handle a W-2 Event,” Continuing Legal Education, Wayne, PA, February 27, 2019
- “Cyber First Coverage,” International Insurer, Monterey, CA, May 17, 2018
- “Canada’s Digital Privacy Act,” Continuing Legal Education, Wayne, PA, December 13, 2017
- “Legal Update – New State Laws, Canada’s PIPEDA and Digital Privacy Act and EU’s GDPR,” International Insurer, Jersey City, NJ, September 28, 2017
- “New State Laws for 2017,” Continuing Legal Education, Wayne, PA, September 13, 2017