Justin Schiff is an Associate with Mullen Coughlin who represents clients across multiple industry sectors in the data privacy and security incident response process. He works closely with the organization, it’s cyber insurance carrier and third-party forensic investigators to determine the scale and scope of the incident and counsels them on their legal obligations stemming from state, federal and international laws and regulations, as well as contractual obligations.
Prior to joining Mullen Coughlin, Justin worked as an Associate Attorney at a leading Philadelphia-based insurance defense litigation firm. He provided legal counsel to insurance companies, commercial property owners and managers and amusement and recreational facilities on matters involving catastrophic damages and injury including, primarily, premises liability, construction defect, construction accident, trucking and Dram Shop matters. Justin also routinely represented clients in both state and federal courts.
Justin graduated magna cum laude from Capital University Law School, where he was a member of the Capital University Law Review and an article he authored was selected for publication. He also won the CALI Award for Excellence in Legal Research and Writing.
- Obtained a favorable outcome following verdict in a Philadelphia County jury trial for a homebuilder in a complex construction defect litigation case
- Second-chaired multiple Philadelphia County jury trials
- Obtained defense verdicts for his clients in multiple Philadelphia County arbitrations
- Obtained the dismissal of a client through motion for summary judgment following contentious oral argument in complex litigation involving claims made under Pennsylvania’s Dram Shop Act
SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS & PRESENTATIONS
- “The Changing Nature of the Law Firm: Amending Model Rule 5.4 to Allow for Alternative Business Structures Resulting in Nonlawyer Ownership of Law Firms,” Capital University Law Review, 2014