Lynda Jensen is a Partner at Mullen Coughlin and an experienced data privacy, cybersecurity and incident response attorney. Lynda focuses her practice on guiding organizations of all shapes and sizes through the entire incident response process after a data privacy and security incident has occurred – from the initial triage and investigation, through the performance of obligations the organization may have under state, federal, international or industry-related law or regulation.
Lynda also advises organizations on their data privacy and information governance concerns as they navigate through buy-side and sell-side corporate activities, as well as when they need to address reputational injuries from website defacement and traditional/social media disclosures. Although her experience spans multiple industry sectors, organizations within the financial services, insurance and healthcare and life sciences space remains a principal focus of her practice.
Prior to joining Mullen Coughlin, Lynda developed extensive experience as a civil litigator and a deep knowledge of computer-related events and crimes both as a practicing lawyer and as a managing director and counsel of a team of professionals handling crime, cyber and kidnap and ransom (K&R) claims. This experience informs strategies that she uses in her current practice before, during and after a data privacy and security incident.
SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS & PRESENTATIONS
- “Cyber: Prepare, Prevent, Mitigate, Restore,” Travelers Institute, Worcester, MA, October 17, 2023
- “Cyber Threats and the Anatomy of Incident Response,” 2023 ABA Fidelity and Surety Law Mid-Winter Conference, Washington, D.C., January 19, 2023
- “Introduction to Ransomware,” Law & Forensics, Virtual, September 26, 2022
- “How to Respond to a Cyber Incident, MA Women’s Bar Association & Foundation “In-House Counsel Committee” Meeting, Virtual, March 10, 2022
- “OMG! I’m Being Held for Ransom. Now What?,” 2021 AgriBank District Conference, Eagan, MN, September 13, 2021
- “A Guide for Companies Seeking Insurance for Ransomware – What the “G&G Oil” Will Mean for Businesses Seeking Insurance for Ransomware Attacks,” Law & Forensics, Virtual, March 25, 2021
- Co-Chair, Fidelity Law Association Annual Conference, 2017
- “Cyber Attack … What Now?,” American Bankers Association, 2017
- “Discovery of Loss: The Contractual Predicate to the Claim,” Fidelity Surety Law Committee of the American Bar Association, 2016
- “Recurring Issues in Fidelity Claims and Litigation Arising Out of Fidelity Claims,” Fidelity Law Association Annual Conference, 2016
- South Carolina Bankers Association Community Bankers Forum Panel, 2016
- Alabama Bankers Association Panel, 2016
- Virginia Bankers Association Panel, 2016
- Virginia Bankers Association Panel, 2015
- “Only 48 Hours …,” Community Bankers of Washington Cyber Conference, 2014
- “Common Agreements that Arise In Handling Claims,” Fidelity Law Association Annual Conference, 2013
- “Fidelity Casenotes,” Surety Claims Institute Newsletter
- “Discovery of Loss: The Contractual Predicate to the Claim,” Chapter in Financial Institution Bonds, Fourth Edition, 2016
- “EMV – The New Frontier of Fraud,” Co-Author, Community Bank Alert, 2015