As a Partner at Mullen Coughlin, Alexandra Belton focuses her practice exclusively on data privacy and network security. Ms. Belton works with her clients through all aspects of data security preparedness, event response and regulatory investigation and inquiry. When a data security event occurs, she assists clients in determining the nature and scope of the incident, identifying potentially affected populations and ensuring compliance with applicable state, federal and international regulatory obligations.
As a former Assistant District Attorney, Ms. Belton draws on her experience working with law enforcement, as well as investigating and litigating criminal cases, to guide her clients through data security event investigation and response.
Ms. Belton often presents with, and to, brokers from AIG, Stroz-Friedberg, AON and Lockton, among others.
SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS & PRESENTATIONS
- “Cyber Resiliency – Navigating a Cyber Breach,” Iowa MGMA 2022 Spring Conference, Des Moines, IA, May 5, 2022
- “HIPAA 101,” Kairos 2021 Education Conference & Exhibit, Manheim, PA, September 23, 2021
- “Cyber Security Law & Insurance,” Burns & McDonnell In-House Counsel EPC-CLE, Virtual, May 2020
- “Contract Review,” Continuing Legal Education, Wayne, PA. October 31, 2018
- “Cyber Incident Response/The Ransomware Scenario,” Marsh/ FINPRO Power & Utility Cyber Conference, New York, NY, October 22, 2018
- “Cyber Liability: The Claim Perspective,” National Conference of Insurance Guaranty Funds (NCIGF) Fall Workshop, Fort Lauderdale, FL, October 3-4, 2018
- “GDPR,” The Conference Board HR M&A Council Meeting, Armonk, NY, May 15, 2018
- “Canada’s Digital Privacy Act,” Continuing Legal Education, Wayne, PA, December 13, 2017