Nicholas Pontzer is an Associate in Mullen Coughlin’s Privacy Litigation practice group. He represents organizations from all industries in data privacy and security-related litigation across the United States. He also assists organizations respond to formal state and federal regulatory inquires and follow-up investigations, as well as defend against putative class actions.
Nick has defended numerous organizations in complex litigation and arbitration matters, which include alleged claims arising under federal and state consumer protection statues such as the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and various state wiretap acts and identity theft statutes.
Prior to joining Mullen Coughlin, Nick was an associate at a full-service law firm, practicing in their Cybersecurity and Data Privacy, General Liability, Business and Commercial and Global Insurance Services practice groups.
- Represented an automotive dealer franchise in a data breach involving interactions with federal agencies, law enforcement and global corporate headquarters
- Represented numerous healthcare entities in putative class action litigation alleging that website technologies violated privacy rights
- Won the early dismissal of proposed class action against a major retailer alleging website privacy violations
- Defended a state-affiliated entity in putative class action litigation and state Attorneys General investigation arising from a cyber-attack
AWARDS & HONORS
- New York-Metro Super Lawyers “Rising Star” (2013-2018)