Paul McGurkin is a Partner with Mullen Coughlin LLC. Mr. McGurkin focuses exclusively on assisting clients prepare for and respond to data security incidents and breaches including regulatory investigations and inquiries. Mr. McGurkin has experience advising clients on compliance with state, federal and international privacy and data security laws, particularly those involving protected health information (PHI) and personally identifiable information (PII). After a data security incident occurs, Mr. McGurkin assists clients in determining the applicable laws that govern their notice obligations and ensuring compliance with such obligations. In addition, Mr. McGurkin has experience assisting clients respond to investigations launched by federal and state regulators.
SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS & PRESENTATIONS
- “How to Handle a Ransomware Matter,” Live Presenter, Continuing Legal Education, Wayne, PA, June 6, 2018
- Fraud Prevention Institute for Employee Benefit Plans – “Data Breach! What to Do Now” Guest Speaker – Boston, MA, July 12, 2018
- “How to Handle a Ransomware Matter,” Live Presenter, Continuing Legal Education, Wayne, PA, May 30, 2018
- “Cyber Extortion Event – Ransom Payment & Bitcoin”, Cyber Security Roundtable, Guest Speaker, International Insurer, October 12, 2017
- “HIPAA and Excepted Benefits,” Live Presenter, Continuing Legal Education, Wayne, PA, September 26, 2017