Rebecca Jones is a Partner with Mullen Coughlin. Ms. Jones focuses her practice entirely on cybersecurity and privacy issues, including assisting clients in the assessment of, and response to, actual and potential data security incidents, responding to regulatory inquiry and incident preparation. After a data security incident has taken place, Ms. Jones provides counsel and assistance to clients by quickly gathering the necessary facts, determining the nature and extent of the intrusion and planning an appropriate and expedient course of action based on:
- the population of affected individuals;
- the type and extent of information involved; and
- the applicable state, federal and foreign laws, including HIPAA.
As necessary, Ms. Jones prepares legally compliant notices to affected individuals, regulators and other parties. Ms. Jones also aids her clients by responding to regulatory investigations and inquiries at the state and federal levels.
Ms. Jones previously served as an Assistant District Attorney (ADA) in Delaware County, Pennsylvania. In her capacity as an ADA, she managed a heavy caseload of a wide range of criminal matters, including complex narcotics and theft cases, and litigated numerous jury and bench trials successfully.
Prior to joining the Mullen Coughlin team, Ms. Jones worked in civil litigation for a suburban Philadelphia firm which serves as general counsel to major healthcare providers in the area.
SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS & PRESENTATIONS
- “State Law and Data File Analysis,” Continuing Legal Education, Wayne, PA, November 28, 2018
- “FERPA with HIPAA and State Law Considerations,” Continuing Legal Education, Wayne, PA, February 7, 2018