Mullen Coughlin is a highly successful, fast growing niche law firm focused exclusively on counseling organizations in the context of data privacy, including pre-event planning and compliance, incident response, regulatory investigation, and both single-plaintiff and class action litigation. Committed to rapid and efficient provision of legal counsel to organizations, we thrive in a high energy, close-knit, and upbeat office culture. The Firm pays very competitively in the market and offers a full benefit package, including paid time off, paid parental leave, and a generous 401(k) program. Located at 426 West Lancaster Avenue, Devon, PA, Mullen Coughlin’s headquarters is over fifty-six thousand square feet, boasting the latest in technology and security, accommodating the projected continued growth of the firm, and providing all Mullen Coughlin employees access to amenities and resources to further their professional careers, as well as their health and well-being.
The Controller will report to the CFO and provide thought leadership, evaluation, and execution of a set of the Firm’s accounting and financial functions as well as the managerial oversight of staff assigned in those areas. Mullen Coughlin is a fast-growing firm where continuous process improvement are essential to ensure the firm can continue to scale its policies and procedures to the evolving business needs.
Sampling of Responsibilities and Areas of Oversight:
- Monthly Close
- Journal Entries
- Cash Application and
- Cash Flow Projections
- AP Posting and Processing
- Account reconciliations
- Fixed Asset Tracking
- Annual Budget development
- Coordinate and produce periodic Financial Forecasts
- Financial / KPI Reporting
- Accounting Research
- Serve as financial liaison for the Firm’s case management system for reporting, quality control, etc.
- Other tasks as reasonably assigned
- Manage small team of accounting professionals
Preferred Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- 7-10 years’ managerial accounting experience including at least 3 years in a supervisory role. Experience in law firms or other professional services is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable combination of education and experience
- Superior attention to detail
- Strong organization, communication, and planning skills
- Ability to work independently and comfortable with strategic and tactical responsibilities
- Proficient in requisite office technology (i.e. MS Office, ERM/Accounting software platforms)
To apply, send your resume and cover letter with salary expectations to .
Mullen Coughlin is an Equal Opportunity Employer and believes in strength in diversity.
Mullen Coughlin is not accepting resumes from search firms for this position.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Applicant must be currently authorized to work in the United States of America.